10 Mar My 2018 gear & gadget wish list
I love hiking and camping gear and gadgets like I’ve told you in this blog. There is a lot I don’t own yet and is still on my wish list. Since I try to be a minimalist I only buy what I really need (or love). So here’s what I think I’ll be needing for all my trips this year. Here’s my 2018 gear & gadget wish list.
- Hiking pants – I’m working my ass off, literally! I’m hoping to go back 2 sizes seeing my behind has grown a lot the past two years. I’m holding of buying new clothes since I’ve got my mind set on losing weight. I just can’t spend money on clothes I won’t fit in a few months. So here’s to losing weight and buying new pants haha!
- Hiking boots – My currect hiking boots are in need of replacing. We’ll be visiting the Algau Outlet when we’re back in Oberstdorf to shop for some nice shoes, I can’t hardly wait.
- Swimming trunks – So I’ve read that some hikers wear swimming trunks as they are inexpensive, dry quickly and they’re really lightweight. I really want to buy a pair for my summer hikes to try it for myself.
- Compass – I’ve always used my phone as a map, but I think it’s time I learn to use a map and a compass
- Ultralight tent – We’re looking at an ultralight tent from Decathlon. I really love their products and can’t wait to test this one. We’ll swap the stakes for ultralight ones.
- Thermarest Zlite mattress – I’ve read good things about this mattress so I’m sold. I hope I’ll enjoy it during our trips!
- Ultralight sleeping bag – Yes, I want to go for light or ultralight gear since I don’t want to carry any weight I don’t have to. But since the price is something I’m considering too I might be going for this one.
- Dog sleeping bag – Since Zara has lived in Curacao for over a year we’ve come to know she doesn’t like it’s cold outside. So she’ll be getting her own sleeping bag. I think I’ll be buying this one from Hurtta.
- Bigger backpack – Since we’ve set our minds on a multi day hike we’ll be needing bigger backpacks. I’ve not decided on which ones yet.
- A big chalk bag – We own a small chalk bag, but we have learned a big one would be very nice to have.
- New climbing shoes – I just started out with new shoes, they are flat and really comfy… which is also the reason I want to upgrade them for more curved ones before the end of this year. I don’t like how they feel on my feet, but I’m guessing they will be better for bouldering.
So that’s about it. It’s stil quite a long list, but seeing as we’ve been hiking for only 2 years and just started bouldering, we didn’t own a lot yet. I will (of course) share my gear list in time and I’ll let you know how the mentioned gear & gadgets are working out for me.